This document will guide you through an end-to-end deployment example, which you may use for product evaluation or as a reference for future deployment.
In this document, you will set up a GCP VPC environment in the cloud, to which you will connect your datacenter or lab environment using an open source software VPN and virtual router, velostrata will be deployed across on-premises and GCP to enable migration of workloads.
The following tasks will be completed using this guide:
Setup Cloud Networking:
- Setup the GCP environment in preparation for the Velostrata deployment.
- Set up a GCP Project including GCP VPC, subnets, firewall rules, network tags, VYOS VPN Gateway instance and Service Accounts with the permissions required for Velostrata operations. This task is automated based on interactive user input, using a PowerShell script, provided by Velostrata.
- Deploy and configure an on-prem VPN virtual appliance.
- Configure the cloud-side VPN virtual appliance and establish a VPN link.
- Configure a machine on-prem with a static route to reach virtual machines in the GCP network, over VPN.
- Deploy the Velostrata Manager virtual appliance on vSphere.
- Register the Velostrata vCenter Web Client Plug-in.
- Select a Datacenter in vCenter and create a Velostrata Cloud Extension.
Run your first VM in Cloud with Velostrata:
- Select a virtual machine on-prem and use the run-in-cloud wizard to execute it in the cloud.
- Connect to the virtual machine when running in the cloud.
- Monitor virtual machine performance when running in the cloud.
- Run the virtual machine back on-premises.