Configuring the Velostrata Service Role and Permissions in vCenter
This procedure describes how to manually add a Velostrata service role to the vCenter Server.
A PowerShell script is also available for creating this Role at the following url - http://tiny.cc/Velos-vCenter-Role
To configure the Velostrata service role and permissions in vCenter:
- Login to the vCenter Web Client.
- Select Home > Administration > Roles.
- Click + to create a new role.
- Assign the following privileges:
- Create alarm
- Modify alarm
- Remove alarm
- Set alarm status
- Enable methods
- Disable methods
- Log event
- Virtual Machine
- Provisioning > Allow disc access
- Provisioning > Allow disc read-only access
- Provisioning > Allow virtual machine download
- Snapshot management > Create snapshot
- Snapshot management > Remove snapshot
- Snapshot management > Revert to Snapshot
- Snapshot management > Rename Snapshot
- Configuration > Configure managedBy
- Interaction > Power On
- Interaction > Power Off
- Low level file operations
- Register extension
- Unregister extension
- Update extension
- Create task
- Update task
- To configure the permissions for the Velostrata Service user in vCenter, select Home > Inventory Lists > vCenter Servers.
- Right-click on the required vCenter server, and select All vCenter Actions > Add Permission.
- Select a user in the left pane, and assign the Velostrata Service Role (in the right pane) to the user.
Note: Select the Propagate to Child Objects option.