The following actions must be taken before uninstalling the Velostrata solution. Where you were migrating VMs from (and thus, how you installed Velostrata) will impact the steps you need to take for a proper uninstall.
In this case, you would only have been using Velostrata for cloud-to-cloud migrations. For example, you only migrated VMs from AWS to GCP. You were not migrating VMs from on-prem. If you did, you need to follow the steps in the section above.
To uninstall Velostrata using the Velostrata Web Manager:
1. Delete any existing Cloud Extension(s). See the 'Via Velostrata Web Management' section in the Deleting a Cloud Extension article.
2. Once all of the Cloud Extensions are deleted, you can proceed to deleting the Velostrata Appliance from GCP.
- Verify that there are no workloads in the environment that are managed by Velostrata. The Velostrata plug-in adds columns to the Virtual Machines vCenter view in which you can filter virtual machines and identify them by their Velostrata attributes.
- Move any workloads that are managed by Velostrata back to on-premises. See Running a VM Back On-Premises
- Navigate to the vSphere Virtual Datacenter in which the Cloud Extensions was created.
- View the Virtual Datacenter Summary portlet to check if a Cloud Extension exists.