Pre-requisites for Adding a Cloud Extension
Before you can add a Cloud Extension (a location where you migrate applications into), there are a number of pre-requisites that must be met. These pre-requisites vary by cloud, so follow the steps as appropriate based on the cloud you're adding.
Information needed for creating the Cloud Extension:
- Subscription ID: The subscription id in which Cloud Extension will be created.
- APP Owner Tenant ID: The directory ID of the subscription.
- APP ID: The application user client ID.
- APP Secret Key: The application user secret key.
The Subscription ID and the APP Owner Tenant ID are retrieved by running PowerShell commands or from the Azure Classic Portal. The APP ID and APP Secret Key are retrieved from the Azure Classic Portal.
- Run PowerShell.
- Type Login-AzureRmAccount.
- Type Get-AzureSubscription | Fl.
- Login to Azure portal and navigate to the Active Directory dashboard.
- Select the Directory in which the APP user exists.
- Copy the App Owner Tenant ID from the URL by copying the string in the URL between …ActiveDirectoryExtension/<Directory>/ and directoryQuickStart.
- On the Azure portal page Select Subscriptions on the left bar.
- Copy the Subscription ID.