Starting a Cloud Extension
You can start a Cloud Extension from the Velostrata web management or vCenter:
1. Login to your Velostrata web management appliance via HTTPS://IP_OF_VELO_MGMT and login.
2. Click the Target Cloud icon.
3. Left click to select any of your defined Cloud Extensions.
4. Click the 'Start' button.
Note: you can only start a Cloud Extension that is currently stopped.
5. Click 'Yes' to proceed when prompted. Or 'No' to cancel.
A stopped Cloud Extension is automatically started when a Virtual Machine is moved to the cloud and Run-in-Cloud waits for the Cloud Extension to start. You can also manually start a Cloud Extension.
- On the vSphere Web Client, select Datacenter > Velostrata Operations > Start Cloud Extension.
- Select the desired Cloud Extension and click Start.