Supported Linux Distributions and Versions
The following Linux distributions and versions are currently supported:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS 6.x, 7.x
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 SP2 - SP4; SLES 12
- Ubuntu 14.04., Ubuntu16.04, Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 18.04.
You will need to install the pre-requisite Velostrata prep package and its dependencies on the virtual machine you intend to run in cloud. The Velostrata package can remain installed when the virtual machine running on-premises to allow a future impromptu run in-cloud.
- For RHEL/CentOS 6, 7, download and install the velostrata-prep RPM from: http://tiny.cc/velos-v3-rhel6
- For SUSE 11, 12, download and install the velostrata-prep RPM from: http://tiny.cc/velos-v3-suse11
- For Ubuntu, download and install the velostrata-prep deb package from: http://tiny.cc/velos-v3-ubuntu
Disk Device Mappings in Linux
For correct handling of disk device mount points when running in cloud or when performing full migration on either GCP, Azure or AWS, the Linux setup must reference logical disk reference - e.g. using LVM, or UUID. If disk mount points are using direct device mounts (e.g. /dev/sdaX) then these need to be modified to a logical reference, otherwise no action is needed.
The Velostrata RPM will automatically check for direct device mounts when installed and will automatically update /etc/fstab to use UUID based reference.