Powering on a VM in the Cloud
Note: If the instance was launched with the Assign Public IP option, a new public IP is assigned on each power on.
Using Web Manager
1. Login to your Velostrata Web Manager at HTTPS://IP_OF_VELO_MANAGER
2. Click the Runbook Automation tab.
3. When prompted for a username and password, use 'apiuser' as the username and your password is your Velostrata subscription ID or your GCP billing ID.
4. Click the monitor icon for one of the runbook automation jobs.
5. Select the VM you wish to return on-premises and click the 'Start' button on top.
- On the vSphere Web Client, select the desired Virtual Machine.
- Right-click the VM and select Velostrata Operations > Power On.
- In PowerShell, connect to the Velostrata Manager by running Connect-VelostrataManager.
- When prompted enter details for the Server, Username (apiuser) and Password (the subscription ID).
- To power on a VM, run Start-VelosVm [-Id] <string>.