Restarting a VM in the Cloud
Note: If the instance was launched with the assign Public IP option, a new public IP might be assigned on each restart.
When you run restart a VM in the cloud and the instance does not restart up in a healthy way, Velostrata uses VM auto healing to fix the problem and restart the instance.
To restart a VM in the cloud:
- On the vSphere Web Client, select the desired Virtual Machine.
- Right-click the VM and select Velostrata Operations > Restart.
To restart a VM using PowerShell:
- In PowerShell, connect to the Velostrata Manager by running Connect-VelostrataManager.
- When prompted enter details for the Server, Username (apiuser) and Password (the subscription ID).
- To restart on a VM, run Restart-VelosVm [-Id] <String>.